Brought to you by the Delta Project in collaboration with Eric Boccara
In the post-apocalyptic period, when the manufacture of high tech weapons became difficult or impossible, a number of weapons were devised to make use of available parts, weapons that in prewar circumstances would have been thought strange or dysfunctional. Some of these, crossbows, improvised handarms and simple grenades, were in common use, but a few were seldom seen and even acquired legendary status. Of these, none was so envied and feared as the Armada Cannon.
Originally, only one Armada Cannon was made, and those that have seen it tell of its massive damage; no armor of post-war manufacture could withstand it. However, the schematic for the cannon was stolen by the feared secret society the Ordo Boccara, who devised a list of parts that, if not standard, were at least available in small quantities, and they developed a procedure for assembling the cannon from these parts. In a daring raid on the US government's steam locomotion facility enough parts were stolen to assemble several dozen cannons. Subsequent thefts of locomotive parts suggest that the technology to make new armadas has not been lost.
The cannon fires an armour piercing bolt containing a small explosive charge, just sufficient to cause the bolt to disintegrate. Whereas the round in a sniper rifle achieves long distance accuracy by its high speed, the armada bolt travels comparatively slowly; the inner chamber of the round, however, is made to spin with high angular velocity by a spiral grooving in the barrel, and this has a self-righting effect that keeps the course of the projectile true. The result is a weapon with the accuracy of a sniper rifle whose projectile does damage comparable to that of a small tank.
- Massive damage in small doses
- Standing, kneeling, flying or prone fire
- Choice of three bullets (CCS, Roleplay, Linden damage)
- 26 custom animations
- Free updates for life
Quick start instructions
- Rezz the box, open it and copy the contents to inventory.
- Find the folder called '[Delta] Armada Cannon v1.0'
- Wear the object called 'Armada Cannon' (it attaches to the right hand), the object called 'Armada Cannon (slung)' (it attaches to the spine)
- Activate the gestures in the folder.
- What's in the box
- Using the gun
- Advanced features
- Voice commands
- Damage and statistics
- Hints and tips
1. What's in the box
In the folder you have unpacked you will find
- the Armada Cannon
- the slung Armada Cannon
- a set of gestures to simplify operation of the weapons
- a pose stand to help you fit the gun
The weapons gestures and voice commands are pre-set to Channel 5. Should you change this, the gestures will need to be modified to reflect the new channel. All voice commands referred to in this manual assume the default channel of 5
2. Using the gun
In these instructions it is assumed that you have the command channel set to 5.
To draw the weapon you may either:
- left click on the holstered weapon
- type /5draw in chat
- or press the Shift F11 key to engage the gesture
To fire the weapon, draw it, enter Mouselook by clicking on the mouselook button or pressing the M key while the main chat is disabled, and click the left mouse button. To exit Mouselook, press your Esc key or press the M key again.
To sling the weapon,
- type /5sling in the main chat
- or press the Shift F10 key to start the gesture.
The cannon is folded over when slung (see right).
The gun's capacity is 2 bullets. You can reload as follows:
- type /5reload in the main chat
- press the Shift F9 key to start the gesture
By default the gun reloads automatically when it is empty. You can disable this behaviour using the autoreload command.
There are three bullet types available:
|ccsb||CCS enhanced damage||For use in CCS sims|
|rpb||Kinetic damage||For use in roleplay sims where collision with a fast physical object causes damage (DCS for example). Kinetic ammo does 5 damage under CCS.|
|ldb||Linden damage||For use damage enabled land (where you see a heart at the top of the screen)|
To activate a bullet simply use the name as a voice command.
4. Advanced features
Changing weapon listen channel
You can change the channel on which voice commands are issued. Use the voice command /5channel N where N is the new channel
Touching the gun allows you to check the current settings of your weapon.
Information displayed includes:
- Gun name and version
- Active ammo
- Remaining bullets
- Voice channel
- Online help URL
To fire standing type /5stand. To kneel type /5kneel.To fire prone type /5prone.
It is however much easier to use the page up and down keys to change stance. Down goes from standing to kneeling and then from kneeling to prone, up reverses the sequence.
The gun has animations for walking and running in the various positions. We recommend that you turn off your ao to prevent it from trying to override these.
When you aim the gun while prone you will be unable to move. Support legs are deployed automatically when the cannon is used prone (see below)
5. Voice commands
By default voice commands are given on channel 5. You can change this using the /5channel command. If you forget which channel you selected touch the drawn gun and it will tell you. If you change the channel you will need to edit the supplied gestures.
All commands are case insensitive.
|draw||Draws the weapon|
|holster||Holsters the weapon|
|autoreload on/off||Enable/disable autoreload.|
|stand||Stand to fire|
|kneel||Kneel to fire|
|ccs1||Sets LIFE CCS ammo|
|ccs2||Sets STAMINA CCS ammo|
|ccs3||Sets DOT CCS ammo|
|ld||Sets ammo for Linden Damage|
|rp||Sets roleplay kinetic ammo for DCS and other roleplay sims|
|channel||Sets the channel for voice commands (default 5)|
|help||Gets quick reference card|
|guide||Opens this page|
6. Damage and statistics
- Bullet capacity: 2
- Time between shots: 1.5 seconds
- Time to reload an empty weapon: 10 seconds
- Bullet speed: 115 m/s
- Effective range of weapon: unlimited
- Bullet 1: Bullet base damage + 5% LIFE + 5% MELE
- Bullet 2: Bullet base damage + 6% STAMINA + 4% MELE
- Bullet 3: Damage over time, 2% LIFE + 2% MELE for one minute
Note: There appears to be a problem with CCS recognising % damage in DoT at the moment so unless there are plans to fix this soon bullet 3 may be adjusted to a higher numeric damage.
All damage is doubled when the gun is fired prone, with movement locked.
- RP system dependent
- Bullet 100 damage
- There's no performance loss from gestures, so if you know how to make gestures you can make extra ones for your most commonly used commands.
- All bullets are scripted in lsl rather than mono because of the overhead currently associated with rezzing objects with mono scripts.
Please read the following before reporting a problem.
- My gun doesn't respond to commands! Did you change the voice channel? Click the gun to see what it is.
- My gun is stuck! Rezz a new gun from the product box. If you have lost that you can get one from a redelivery terminal.
- My gun isn't doing enhanced damage but I'm in a CCS sim Occasionally the CCS API server is offline. Make sure you are a member of the CCS Support group and check group notices.
- I tested my gun on Aragorn and it still does no CCS damage. CCS enhanced damage doesn't work on objects, only on avatars.
- I got a message starting INTERNAL ERROR Not your fault! Those should never happen. Contact support and give as many details as possible.