Double Barrel Shotgun
Brought to you by the Delta Project in collaboration with Double A Arms
The 10 GA. Double Barrel Shotgun is an improvement over the older percussion fired muzzleloading shotguns, featuring a break open barrel operated by pressing the lever on the left side of the gun. The weapon fires brass shells loaded with lead pellets that scatter upon leaving the barrel. Each barrel is fired independently with a seperate trigger. If fired at close range, the effect is deadly, and rarely misses the target if aimed even moderately well. However, due to the nature of the round, the range is limited, losing power and scattering heavily at medium range. The ammo capacity is also low, needing to be reloaded after both barrels are fired. This weapon, due to its power, makes a fine choice for small game hunting, as well as home and personal defense.
- Accurate model of a historic weapon
- Fully Animated, draw, sling, reload, detail sequences
- CCS enhanced, Role play (DCS/Osiris), Cripple Creek, Linden damge rounds.
- Free updates for life
Quick start instructions
- Rezz the box, open it and copy the contents to inventory.
- Find the folder called '[Delta] Double Barrel Shotgun v2.4'
- Wear the object called 'Double Barrel Shotgun' (it attaches to the right hand), and the slung shotgun, which attaches to the spine.
- Activate the gestures in the folder.
- What's in the box
- Using the gun
- Advanced features
- Voice commands
- Damage and statistics
- Hints and tips
1. What's in the box
In the folder you have unpacked you will find
- the shotgun
- the slung shotgun
- a set of gestures to simplify operation of the weapons
- a pose stand to help you fit the gun
The weapons gestures and voice commands are pre-set to Channel 5. Should you change this, the gestures will need to be modified to reflect the new channel. All voice commands referred to in this manual assume the default channel of 5
2. Using the gun
In these instructions it is assumed that you have the command channel set to 5.
To draw the weapon you may either:
- left click on the holstered weapon
- type /5draw in chat
- or press the Shift F11 key to engage the gesture
To fire the weapon, draw it, enter Mouselook by clicking on the mouselook button or pressing the M key while the main chat is disabled, and click the left mouse button. To exit Mouselook, press your Esc key or press the M key again.
To holster the weapon,
- type /5holster in the main chat
- or press the Shift F10 key to start the gesture.
The gun can store just 2 bullets. You can reload as follows:
- type /5reload in the main chat
- press the Shift F9 key to start the gesture
By default the gun reloads automatically when it is empty. To switch this off, type /5autoreload off.
There are four bullets available:
|ccsb||CCS enhanced damage||For use in CCS sims|
|rpb||Kinetic damage||For use in roleplay sims where collision with a fast physical object causes damage (DCS for example). Kinetic ammo does 5 damage under CCS.|
|ldb||Linden damage||For use damage enabled land (where you see a heart at the top of the screen)|
|crcb||Cripple creek||For use in sims that use the Cripple Creek combat system.|
To activate a bullet simply use the name as a voice command.
4. Advanced features
Changing weapon listen channel
You can change the channel on which voice commands are issued. Use the voice command /5channel N where N is the new channel
Touching the gun allows you to check the current settings of your weapon.
Information displayed includes:
- Gun name and version
- Active ammo
- Remaining bullets
- Dual or single mode
- Autoreload status
- Voice channel
- Online help URL
5. Voice commands
By default voice commands are given on channel 5. You can change this using the /5channel command. If you forget which channel you selected touch the drawn gun and it will tell you. If you change the channel you will need to edit the supplied gestures.
All commands are case insensitive.
|draw||Draws the weapon|
|holster||Holsters the weapon|
|dual||Dual mode: fire both barrels at once|
|single||Single mode: fire left then right|
|ccsb||Sets ammo for CCS sims|
|ccsbs||Sets stamina ammo for CCS sims|
|ldb||Sets ammo for Linden Damage|
|rpb||Sets roleplay kinetic ammo for DCS and other roleplay sims|
|crcb||Sets Cripple Creek ammo|
|channel N||Sets the channel for voice commands (default 5)|
|autoreload on/off||Enables or disables autoreload|
|help||Gts the quick reference guide|
|guide||Opens this page|
6. Damage and statistics
- Bullet capacity: 2
- Time between shots: No delay
- Time to reload an empty weapon: 2 seconds
- Bullet speed: 10 m/s
- Effective range of weapon: 50m
- ccsb9 pellets each 0.5% LIFE
- ccsbs9 pellets each 0.5% STAMINA
- RP system dependent
- 9 pellets each 10 damage
- 9 pellets each with Cripple creek bullet damage
- There's no performance loss from gestures, so if you know how to make gestures you can make extra ones for your most commonly used commands.
- All bullets are scripted in lsl rather than mono because of the overhead currently associated with rezzing objects with mono scripts.
Please read the following before reporting a problem.
- I'm using the gun to snipe and it keeps missing! A shotgun is not a weapon of choice for a sniper. The bullet is so slow that by the time it is out of sight it is probably on the ground. Delta sells a Gewehr specially modded for sniping if you need to shoot from further away.
- My gun is stuck! Rezz a new gun from the product box. If you have lost the box you can get a new one by rezzing the certificate. If you have lost that too you can get one from a redelivery terminal.
- My gun isn't doing enhanced damage but I'm in a CCS sim Occasionally the CCS API server is offline. Make sure you are a member of the CCS Support group and check group notices.
- I tested my gun on Aragorn and it still does no CCS damage. CCS enhanced damage doesn't work on objects, only on avatars.
- I got a message starting INTERNAL ERROR Not your fault! Those should never happen. Contact support and give as many details as possible.