Brought to you by the Delta Project in collaboration with Double A Arms
The Remington Derringer is a twin barrel pistol, loaded with small caliber rimfire bullets. The pistol lacks the power of a traditional revolver or larger pistol, but for its purpose it works well. The weapon is designed to be concealed easily in a pocket, garter, or various other places in clothing to be drawn in an emergency and fired at close range, when it can kill if fired into a vital spot on the body. The pistol loses power and accuracy rapidly over a longer range. It carries just two bullets (one in the upper and one in the lower chamber) but reloading is relatively fast using the hinge mechanism. This is the perfect pistol for the lady or gentleman who wishes to be armed without displaying a gun prominently.
Many Derringer models were produced: this one is based on the Remington two barrel version chambered for the .41 rimfire cartridge that first appeared in 1861. The bullet that this fired travelled so slowly that it could be seen in flight, but it could easily kill at short range, though unsuitable for longer distances.
- Short range pistol that does a lot of damage close up
- Small and inobtrusive design
- Choice of five ammo bullets (CCS, CCS ray, DCS/roleplay, Linden damage, Cripple creek)
- Choice of standard and lace holster on left or right leg
- Voice commands on selectable channel, gestures for draw holster and reload
- New in 2.6! Script memory reduced to 55K.
- Free updates for life
The CCS starter pack version
A version of the Derringer is included in the CCS starter pack. This differs from the full version in two respects:
- The only rounds are the two CCS (bullet and ray)
- The extra damage on the CCS round is halved
Quick start instructions
- Rezz the box, open it and copy the contents to inventory.
- Find the folder called '[Delta] Derringer v2.60'
- Wear the object called 'Derringer' (it attaches to the right hand), and one of the holsters (they attach to the right or left upper leg)
- Activate the gestures in the folder.
- What's in the box
- Using the gun
- Advanced features
- Voice commands
- Damage and statistics
- Hints and tips
1. What's in the box
In the folder you have unpacked you will find
- the Derringer
- a variety of hostered Derringers
- a set of gestures to simplify operation of the weapons
- a pose stand to help you fit the gun
The weapons gestures and voice commands are pre-set to Channel 5. Should you change this, the gestures will need to be modified to reflect the new channel. All voice commands referred to in this manual assume the default channel of 5
2. Using the gun
In these instructions it is assumed that you have the command channel set to 5.
To draw the weapon you may either:
- left click on the holstered weapon
- type /5draw in chat
- or press the Shift F11 key to engage the gesture
To fire the weapon, draw it, enter Mouselook by clicking on the mouselook button or pressing the M key while the main chat is disabled, and click the left mouse button. To exit Mouselook, press your Esc key or press the M key again.
To holster the weapon,
- type /5holster in the main chat
- or press the Shift F10 key to start the gesture.
The gun can store just 2 bullets. As shipped the gun will reload automatically when empty. You can reload manually as follows:
- type /5reload in the main chat
- press the Shift F9 key to start the gesture
You can switch autoreload off using /5autoreload off
There are five bullets available:
|ccsb||CCS enhanced damage||For use in CCS sims|
|ccsbr||CCS enhanced damage (raycast)||For use in CCS sims|
|rpb||Kinetic damage||For use in roleplay sims where collision with a fast physical object causes damage (DCS for example). Kinetic ammo does 5 damage under CCS.|
|ldb||Linden damage||For use damage enabled land (where you see a heart at the top of the screen)|
|crcb||Cripple creek||For use in sims that use the Cripple Creek combat system.|
To activate a bullet simply use the name as a voice command.
4. Advanced features
Changing weapon listen channel
You can change the channel on which voice commands are issued. Use the voice command /5channel N where N is the new channel
Making the gun fit
The gun is no mod, but the supplied holsters are mod. To adjust them for your avatar you can use the enclosed pose stand, which contains the gun hold anim. The idea is to adjust the band but not the gun (otherwise it won't be the same size as the one you draw). Wear whichever holster you want and then click it and select edit. Now in the edit dialog click the box that says Edit linked parts and then click on the band; you should see it highlight while the rest of the holster is unmarked. Now you can resize, recolor or retexture the band to suit.
The garter holsters are no mod but you can resize and recolor them using a menu. Click on the garter (not the holstered gun, that just draws it) and you will see a menu with options to resize and recolor. The resizer will resize the garter part but not the gun. To cut script usage you can delete the resize and recolor scripts using this menu, but we suggest you keep a copy in inventory with the scripts in case you want to change it.
Touching the gun allows you to check the current settings of your weapon.
Information displayed includes:
- Gun name and version
- Active ammo
- Remaining bullets
- Voice channel
- Online help URL
5. Voice commands
By default voice commands are given on channel 5. You can change this using the /5channel command. If you forget which channel you selected touch the drawn gun and it will tell you. If you change the channel you will need to edit the supplied gestures.
All commands are case insensitive.
|draw||Draws the weapon|
|holster||Holsters the weapon|
|ccsb||Sets ammofor CCS sims|
|ldb||Sets ammo for Linden Damage|
|rpb||Sets roleplay kinetic ammo for DCS and other roleplay sims|
|crcb||Sets Cripple Creek ammo|
|autoreload on/off||Switch autoreload on or off|
|channel||Sets the channel for voice commands (default 5)|
|help||Get quick reference card|
|guide||Opens this page|
6. Damage and statistics
- Bullet capacity: 2
- Time between shots: No delay
- Time to reload an empty weapon: 7 seconds (autoreload)
- Bullet speed: 75 m/s
- Effective range of weapon: 50m (10m raycast)
- Bullet base damage + 5% MELE
- RP system dependent
- Bullet 50 damage
- Cripple creek bullet damage
- There's no performance loss from gestures, so if you know how to make gestures you can make extra ones for your most commonly used commands.
- All bullets are scripted in lsl rather than mono because of the overhead currently associated with rezzing objects with mono scripts.
Please read the following before reporting a problem.
- I opened the package and copied to inventory and all I have is a script. The thing you buy is not a package, it's a certificate. Just rezz it and our delivery server will give you the product box. The delivery server uses http-in and is much more reliable than most vendors but if the sim it is in is offline you will have to try again later. If you feel standing near it might help, it's the large drinks vendor in Delt Corp HQ.
- My gun doesn't respond to commands! Did you change the voice channel? Click the gun to see what it is.
- I'm using the gun to snipe and it keeps missing! The Derringer is not a weapon of choice for a sniper. The bullet is so slow that by the time it is out of sight it is probably on the ground. Delta sells a Gewehr specially modded for sniping if you need to shoot from further away.
- My gun is stuck! Rezz a new gun from the product box. If you have lost the box you can get a new one by rezzing the certificate. If you have lost that too you can get one from a redelivery terminal.
- My gun isn't doing enhanced damage but I'm in a CCS sim Occasionally the CCS API server is offline. Make sure you are a member of the CCS Support group and check group notices.
- I tested my gun on Aragorn and it still does no CCS damage. CCS enhanced damage doesn't work on objects, only on avatars.
- I got a message starting INTERNAL ERROR Not your fault! Those should never happen. Contact support and give as many details as possible.
Dwayne Oliva made the lacy garter. The leg in the picture is Stephanie's.