Delta Project dynamite is the answer to any prospector's prayer. Keep a few sticks in your pack and no obstacle will bar you way. All you need do is light the fuse and then throw it as far as you can in the direction of seams of gold bearing rock, rival prospectors, stampeding buffalo or whatever else you need to remove. 15 seconds (more or less) after you light the fuse it explodes with great destructive power. Just be sure to read the safety instructions on the label (this may involve learning Chinese).
- CCS area damage
- Roleplay version works with DCS, Osiris, BNWCS
- Damage enabled land version included
- No commands needed, just click twice
- Custom model, textures, animation
- Free updates for life
Quick start instructions
- Rezz the box, open it and copy the contents to inventory.
- Find the folder called '[Delta] Dynamite v1.0'
- Wear the object called 'Dynamite' (it attaches to the left hand)
- Wear the object called 'Matches' in the right hand if you want - it is optional
- Press the mouselook button or (with the chat window inactive) key M
- Click to light the fuse
- Click again to throw.
1. What's in the box
In the folder you have unpacked you will find
- Dynamite (CCS version)
- Dynamite (BNWCS version)
- Dynamite (roleplay version)
- Dynamite (damage enabled version)
- A box of matches
- your Delta service terminal
2. Using the dynamite
Decide which dynamite version you need and attach it. Wait for the ready message (there is a 12s delay before the ready message on the CCS version).
Now you have to enter mouselook, click to light the fuse and then click again to throw. Bear in mind that the fuse burns for fifteen seconds. Once you have lit it there is no way to stop it burning, and if you are still holding it fifteen seconds later you will be in a sorry state. So don't light it until you know where it's going. On the other hand, there may be advantages to not throwing it right away; if it lands with ten seconds fuse left to run people in range can remove themselves before detonation.
Having pondered all this, click the mouse to light the fuse. It makes a sort of quiet hissing noise. When ready face the direction you want the dynamite to go and click again.
The dynamite only travels at around 15m/s so it won't fly very far. On the other hand it rolls quite nicely so you may be able to get it to go quite a long way on level ground. Experience playing cricket may be useful.
After you throw the dynamite it is (naturally) not attached any more so if you want to throw more you must attach it again. If it explodes in your hand on the other hand, the residue will be left in your hand and you will need to detach and reattach if you feel up to trying again.
There are four versions available:
|CCS||CCS enhanced damage||For use in CCS sims. 25% LIFE 10% STAMINA damage within 5m radius, 10% LIFE 5% STAMINA within 10m radius. Throwing costs 30 STAMINA.|
|BNWCS||BNWCS area damage||For use in the BNWCS combat system. 100 damage in 10m radius.|
|Roleplay||Kinetic damage||For use in DCS, Osiris and other systems with collision based damage. Damage is system dependent, range is 10m.|
|ldb||Linden damage||For use on damage enabled land (where you see a heart at the top of the screen). 100 damage in 3m, 50 in 6m, 20 in 10m.|
- Greatest range is achieved by throwing an object upwards at an angle of forty five degrees. Any steeper angle will diminish the range, and an angle of 90 degrees will mean the dynamite flies straight up and drops back on you. This is not recommended.
Please read the following before reporting a problem.
- I don't see the explosion! Visibility of particle effects is hard to determine. Check first of all that you don't have particles disabled: if you do you will see nothing at all. We have tested visibility at range and the explosion should be visible at any distance you are are likely to be able to throw, though naturally if you tp to the other side of the sim right after throwing you may see nothing. The flame effects are only visible quite close up.
- I tested my dynamite on Aragorn and it still does no CCS damage. CCS enhanced damage doesn't work on objects, only on avatars.
- People can drag my dynamite around! It's a physical object, so people can kick it around, if they have strong nerves. It's set to block grabs (a grab means using a click to move a physical object: the cursor turns into a little hand for this) but STATUS_BLOCK_GRAB has a problem, which has supposedly been fixed in server 1.40. If it's still grabbable in 1.40 we'll try a different approach.
- I got a message starting INTERNAL ERROR Not your fault! Those should never happen. Contact support and give as many details as possible.