Pflager-Katsumata Series D Pistol
The Pflager-Katsumata Series D pistol combines the action of a top spec revolver with a revolutionary VSR (very short range) high damage system designed for use against replicants and heavily armored targets. The clip-fed revolver combines the reliable near jam-free operation of a classic revolver with the fast reload of an automatic weapon. Mounted above the revolver, the blaster fires fin-stabilized explosive rounds ('blasters') that use microwave radiation to cause very high damage in a small area, so that a near miss can be nearly as effective as a direct hit. The blaster is reloaded manually for each shot, so that experienced users recommend using the revolver to weaken and immobilise the target before dispatching it with a shot from the blaster.
The PKD is a CCS enhanced weapon and will do minimal damage in other combat systems.
- Combined revolver and blaster
- Accurate replica of Deckard's weapon from the film Blade Runner
- Fully Animated, draw, holster, reload detail sequences
- Switchable muzzle flash
- Working status lights
- Optional sights HUD
- User defined voice channel options
- Operator Interfaces: Menus, Voice command
- Stat function to quickly see your weapons current status
- High detail, low lag, optimised scripting for best possible performance under all conditions
- Free updates for life
Quick start instructions
- Rezz the box, open it and copy the contents to inventory.
- Find the folder called '[Delta] PKD v1.0'
- Wear the objects called 'PKD blaster' - it attaches to the right hand, and 'PKD blaster (holster)' - attaches to right hip
- Activate the gestures in the folder.
- What's in the box
- Using the gun
- Advanced features
- Voice commands
- Damage and statistics
- Hints and tips
In the folder you have unpacked you will find
- the PKD blaster
- the holstered PKD
- the PKD sights HUD
- a set of gestures to simplify operation of the weapons
- your Delta service terminal; with this you can access the web guide in your browser, or view it in world if you have Viewer 2
- a pose stand to help you fit the gun
- an origami unicorn
The weapons gestures and voice commands are pre-set to Channel 5. Should you change this, the gestures will need to be modified to reflect the new channel. All voice commands referred to in this manual assume the default channel of 5
2. Using the gun
In these instructions it is assumed that you have the command channel set to 5.
To draw the weapon you may either:
- left click on the holstered weapon
- type /5draw in chat
- or press the Shift F11 key to engage the gesture
To fire the weapon, draw it, enter Mouselook by clicking on the mouselook button or pressing the M key while the main chat is disabled, and click the left mouse button. To exit Mouselook, press your Esc key or press the M key again.
To holster the weapon,
- type /5holster in the main chat
- or press the F12 key to start the gesture.
Note: If you don't wear the holster, the gun will remain visible in your hand when you 'holster' it. If you prefer to use the gun this way, you may like to use the commands /5unsafe and /5safe instead of holster and draw; but they are just synonyms and using one or the other will have no effect on the operation of the gun.
The PKD can fire either bullets or blasters.
There are three blaster types, named by their colors (the colors roughly describe the color of the radiation produced).
To load a blaster (blue, say)
- type /5blue in the main chat
- Choose from the menu
- or press the Ctrl-F12 key to load a blaster - this will be the most recently selected blaster
Blasters are loaded by opening the locking lever and dropping a blaster into the upper barrel, then closing the lever. The lever is opened and closed automatically by the commands described below. You can also open and close the lever by clicking it, though this serves no useful purpose.
Loading a blaster switches the trigger to operate the upper barrel for one shot only. After the blaster has been fired the trigger will operate the lower barrel again. If you load a blaster and decide not to use it you will have to fire it in the air to return control to the revolver; there is no other way of removing it from the upper barrel.
If for some reason you want to load a blaster but not fire it, you can use the commands rt and ft to force the gun to activate the rear (lower barrel) or fore (upper barrel) trigger. If you activate the upper barrel while it is empty you will hear a warning sound.
After a blaster is fired it takes 30 seconds for the upper barrel to reset.
The revolver's cylinder stores 6 bullets but reloads automatically from a 30 bullet mag so its effective clip is 30. You can choose whether the gun should reload automatically when a mag is empty by using the autoreload command. When the autoloader loads the final 6 bullets into the revolver it plays a warning tone.
You can reload manually as follows:
- type /5reload in the main chat
- press the Shift F9 key to start the gesture
- select HU from the main menu
The gun has many other features but these should be enough to get you started. An exhaustive list of commands is given in Section 5. The gun also has a menu system that gives access to most commands. To see the menu:
- type /5menu in the main chat
- press the Shift F10 key
The gun is equipped with an optional sights HUD. The gun has iron 'partridge' sights with a fixed peg on the front of the fun visible through a square recess mounted at the rear.
This weapon has two triggers only one of which is active at any time.
This fires revolver bullets and reloads automatically from an internal electrically driven belt.
The revolver action has been designed for maximum reliability. The revolver chambers six bullets. The lower cylinder when empty is fed from a belt feed in the mag, whose capacity is 30 shots.
The upper barrel fires blasters and has to be loaded manually. Blasters are self truing self propelled caseless rounds with stabiliser fins that fold out when a round is fired. Though quite slow, their propulsion unit assures good range and accuracy.
The status lights on the magazine are attached to sensors in the two subsystems, the forward light to the upper barrel and the rear to the lower barrel. The forward light is illuminated with the color of the loaded blaster, if one is loaded. After a blaster is fired, it flashes while the upper barrel is resetting and therefore unavailable. The rear light is illuminated (always red) while there are bullets loaded. After the final internal reload with its audible warning, the rear light flashes until the gun is empty. The warning lights are duplicated on the sights attachment with the rear light to the left.
4. Advanced features
Changing weapon listen channel
You can change the channel on which voice commands are issued. There are two ways to do this.
- Select channel from the system menu and choose a channel (only channels 1-9 are available this way)
- Use the voice command /5channel N where N is the new channel
Any gestures you use, will need to be modified to reflect the new channel. If you forget the channel you set, the stat command (which tells you the channel) will be unusable, but you can access stat from the menu as described below.
The gun is equipped with a simulated muzzle flash activated when a bullet (not a blaster) is fired. If you have your viewer set to show your avatar in mouse view you may find this distracting and so it is possible to switch it off.
Do one of the following:
- Enter the voice command /5flash on or /5flash off
- From the main menu, select the system menu and then select Flash ON or Flash OFF as required
Clicking the gun
You can assign a command to be run when you click on the gun. For example setting the command to holster causes the gun to be holstered when you click it. reload and stat are also useful choices. The default setting is menu.
Do one of the following:
- Enter the voice command /5onclick X where X is the command you want
- From the main menu, select the system menu and then select and select the command you want (the options here are restricted to reload, holster and stat).
This utility allows you to check the current settings of your weapon.
Information displayed includes:
- Gun name and version
- Active trigger (upper or lower)
- Remaining bullets
- Blaster loaded if any
- Muzzle flash setting
- Autoreload setting
- Spent mag setting
- Voice channel
- Online help URL
To check your status
- Select the system menu and then Status
- Enter the voice command /5stat
5. Voice commands
By default voice commands are given on channel 5. You can change this using the /5channel command. If you forget which channel you selected touch the drawn gun and it will tell you. If you change the channel you will need to edit the supplied gestures.
All commands are case insensitive.
|draw||Draws the weapon|
|holster||Holsters the weapon|
|unsafe||Starts the drawn pose|
|safe||Stops the drawn pose|
|reload||Reloads the revolver|
|flash X||Sets muzzle flash (X=on or off)|
|mag X||Sets rezzing of spent mags (X=on or off). This setting also determines whether the rocket generates debris on explosion.|
|autoreload X||Sets autoreload (X=on or off)|
|blue||Loads a blue (LIFE) blaster into the upper barrel|
|red||Loads a red (STAMINA) blaster into the upper barrel|
|green||Loads a green (POISON) blaster into the upper barrel|
|ft||Mouse controls fore trigger. This command is executed silently when a blaster is loaded.|
|rt||Mouse controls rear trigger. This command is executed silently after a blaster is fired.|
|onclick X||Set action when you click the gun to X (default is menu)|
|channel||Sets the channel for voice commands (default 5)|
|help||Get quick reference card|
|guide||Opens this page|
7. Damage and statistics
Lower barrel (revolver)
- Bullet capacity: 30
- Time between shots: 0.3 seconds
- Time to reload an empty weapon: 2.5 seconds
- Time for internal reload: 1 second
- Bullet speed: 115m/s
- Effective range of weapon: Over 100m
Upper barrel (blasters)
- Blaster capacity: 1
- Time between shots: 30s
- Time to load: 5 seconds
- Blaster speed: 25m/s
- Blaster cost: 10 stamina
- Effective range of weapon: Unlimited (blaster is self propelled)
The blaster emits short range microwaves (range 3m) and will damage a target even if it misses narrowly, but it is not intended to be used like a rocket or grenade to damage multiple targets.
Firing a blaster locks both triggers for 5 seconds, after which time the rear trigger can be operated. The locking latch on the upper barrel is held in closed position for 30 seconds after a blaster is launched to allow gases in the upper chamber to disperse. This makes it impossible to load a second blaster in that time.
- Bullet: 7 LIFE+10 MELE+4 STAMINA
- Blaster 1 (blue): 30% LIFE
- Blaster 2 (red): 10% STAMINA
- Blaster 3 (green): 30s 30 point POISON effect (about 180 in all unless resisted)
- Stamina cost per blaster: 10
Zoom in mouselook - Invaluable for distance work, press Ctrl-8 to zoom out, Ctrl-0 (zero) to zoom in and Ctrl-9 to reset it to normal. The zoom factor WILL mean the difference between hit & miss on far away targets. You get up to 13x nearer...
Note: Stand still and use single shot for sniping, it's a lot more accurate
Don't forget to Ctrl-9 when done, it's really weird doing anything in normal mode at 13x zoom.
From your Client's menu, pick Edit > Preferences, go into 'Graphics', look for 'Draw Distance' and change this value to up to 512m for those far away targets. Just don't forget to change it back to the original value when you're done, as it takes a lot of machine resource to draw all the objects in a 512m wide area.
- Muzzle flash isn't especially laggy, but many users like to turn it off because it is distracting or ugly or whatever.
- All bullets are scripted in lsl rather than mono because of the overhead currently associated with rezzing objects with mono scripts.
- The PKD does not rezz spent cartridges. The mag option causes it to rezz a spent mag on reload, that is, every thirtieth shot. The spent mag is temp rezz and so represents an overhead of one rezz per 30 rezzed bullets, but we have made it optional to please low prim extremists.
Please read the following before reporting a problem.
- My gun doesn't respond to commands! Did you change the voice channel? Use the menu to reset it to 5.
- But I also changed the click action so it no longer gives the menu! Then you'll have to rezz a new gun from the box.
- I tested my gun on Aragorn and it still does no CCS damage. CCS enhanced damage doesn't work on objects, only on avatars.
- I got a message starting INTERNAL ERROR Not your fault! Those should never happen. Contact support and give as many details as possible.
If you need to report a problem, please use the support board in the Delta shop. This will put you straight in touch with a member of staff if one is online and will allow you to leave an IM otherwise.
The model was made by Scio Kamachi and animated by TheMinus Ziskey. The action of the gun is based on a discussion that took place in various newsgroups, and on the operation of various replicas based in turn on the original prop. The origami unicorn was made by Lynni Aeon. The inspiration for the gun is, of course, the film Blade Runner, which was in turn inspired by the story Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by the late Philip K. Dick, whose initials, by coincidence, spell the name of the gun.