Sawed Off Shotgun
Brought to you by the Delta Project in collaboration with Double A Arms
This shotgun features a break open barrel operated by pressing the lever on the left side of the gun. The weapon fires brass shells loaded with lead pellets that scatter upon leaving the barrel. Each barrel is fired independently with a seperate trigger. If fired at close range, the effect is deadly, and rarely misses the target if aimed even moderately well. However, due to the nature of the round, the range is limited, losing power and scattering heavily at medium range.
Compared to a standard shotgun, the sawed-off shotgun has a shorter effective range, but the same destructive power. Its reduced size makes it easier to maneuver and conceal.
- Accurate model of a historic weapon
- Fully Animated, draw, sling, reload, detail sequences
- CCS enhanced, Role play (DCS/Osiris), Cripple Creek, Linden damge rounds.
- Free updates for life
Quick start instructions
- Rezz the box, open it and copy the contents to inventory.
- Find the folder called '[Delta] Sawed Off Shotgun v2.4'
- Wear the object called 'Sawed Off Shotgun (right)' (it attaches to the right hand), and the object called 'Sawed Off Shotgun (left)' (it attaches to the left hand)
- Wear the holsters if you like
- Activate the gestures in the folder.
- What's in the box
- Using the gun
- Advanced features
- Voice commands
- Damage and statistics
- Hints and tips
1. What's in the box
In the folder you have unpacked you will find
- the left and right shotguns
- the holstered shotguns
- a set of gestures to simplify operation of the weapons
- a pose stand to help you fit the gun
The weapons gestures and voice commands are pre-set to Channel 5. Should you change this, the gestures will need to be modified to reflect the new channel. All voice commands referred to in this manual assume the default channel of 5
2. Using the gun
In these instructions it is assumed that you have the command channel set to 5.
To draw the weapon you may either:
- left click on a holstered weapon
- type /5draw in chat
- or press the Shift F11 key to engage the gesture
To fire the weapon, draw it, enter Mouselook by clicking on the mouselook button or pressing the M key while the main chat is disabled, and click the left mouse button. To exit Mouselook, press your Esc key or press the M key again.
To holster the weapon,
- type /5holster in the main chat
- or press the Shift F10 key to start the gesture.
The gun can store just 2 bullets. You can reload as follows:
- type /5reload in the main chat
- press the Shift F9 key to start the gesture
By default the gun reloads automatically when it is empty. To switch this off, type /5autoreload off.
There are four bullets available:
|ccsb||CCS enhanced damage||For use in CCS sims|
|rpb||Kinetic damage||For use in roleplay sims where collision with a fast physical object causes damage (DCS for example). Kinetic ammo does 5 damage under CCS.|
|ldb||Linden damage||For use damage enabled land (where you see a heart at the top of the screen)|
|crcb||Cripple creek||For use in sims that use the Cripple Creek combat system.|
To activate a bullet simply use the name as a voice command.
4. Advanced features
How many shots?
You have two choices to make about how to fire the guns. First, you can decide whether to use both guns or just one. The guns are completely independent so you can wear just the left, just the right or both. If you wear both you can choose either to fire them both together or to fire left then right. You need to tell the guns how they are to be used. The command /5alt off tells them that they should fire together. The command /5alt on tells them that they are to be fired alternately. If only one gun is in use these are ignored.
The second decision you have to make is whether to fire one barrel or two. The command /5single tells the gun to fire barrels alternately, the command /5double tells it to fire both.
It follows that if you select both two gun fire and double barrel you will fire four shots at once. This sounds fun but as it rezzes no fewer than 36 pellets will probably create a lot of collisions and generally mess things up. The guns behave best when firing two shells each click, either using both guns in single barrel mode or one in double.
Changing weapon listen channel
You can change the channel on which voice commands are issued. Use the voice command /5channel N where N is the new channel
Touching the gun allows you to check the current settings of your weapon.
Information displayed includes:
- Gun name and version
- Active ammo
- Remaining bullets
- Double or single barrel
- One two or alt gun use
- Autoreload status
- Voice channel
- Online help URL
5. Voice commands
By default voice commands are given on channel 5. You can change this using the /5channel command. If you forget which channel you selected touch the drawn gun and it will tell you. If you change the channel you will need to edit the supplied gestures.
All commands are case insensitive.
|draw||Draws the weapon|
|holster||Holsters the weapon|
|double||Double barrel: fire both barrels at once|
|single||Single barrel: fire left then right barrel|
|alt on/off||Sets alt fire on or off|
|ccsb||Sets ammo for CCS sims|
|ccsbs||Sets stamina ammo for CCS sims|
|ldb||Sets ammo for Linden Damage|
|rpb||Sets roleplay kinetic ammo for DCS and other roleplay sims|
|crcb||Sets Cripple Creek ammo|
|channel N||Sets the channel for voice commands (default 5)|
|autoreload on/off||Enables or disables autoreload|
|help||Gts the quick reference guide|
|guide||Opens this page|
It's best to make sure you are wearing both guns when you give commands. You can play some tricks by disobeying this rule: for example, you can set one CCS bullet in the left gun, detach it and attach the right, set the other CCS bullet, attach the left again and you have two guns firing different ammo types. You can even set the command channels for the two guns to be different so that they behave completely independently. Tricks like this aren't part of the gun's design so it's up to you to test and see if they do what you want.
When both guns are attached the commands stat, help and guide in the left gun have no effect.
6. Damage and statistics
- Bullet capacity: 2 per gun
- Time between shots: No delay
- Time to reload an empty weapon: 2 seconds
- Bullet speed: 50 m/s
- Effective range of weapon: 50m
- ccsb 9 pellets each .5% LIFE
- ccsbs 9 pellets each .5% STAMINA
- RP system dependent
- 9 pellets each 10 damage
- 9 pellets each with Cripple creek bullet damage
- All bullets are scripted in lsl rather than mono to reduce script memory usage.
- Quad use (two gun double barrel) may be laggy and will waste pellets because of collisions
Please read the following before reporting a problem.
- My gun doesn't respond to commands! Did you change the voice channel? Click the gun to see what it is.
- I'm using the gun to snipe and it keeps missing! A shotgun is not a weapon of choice for a sniper. The bullet is so slow that by the time it is out of sight it is probably on the ground. Delta sells a Gewehr specially modded for sniping if you need to shoot from further away.
- My gun is stuck! Rezz a new gun from the product box. If you have lost the box you can get a new one by rezzing the certificate. If you have lost that too you can get one from a redelivery terminal.
- My gun isn't doing enhanced damage but I'm in a CCS sim Occasionally the CCS API server is offline. Make sure you are a member of the CCS Support group and check group notices.
- I tested my gun on Aragorn and it still does no CCS damage. CCS enhanced damage doesn't work on objects, only on avatars.
- I got a message starting INTERNAL ERROR Not your fault! Those should never happen. Contact support and give as many details as possible.