Strider knives are considered to be the hardest use duty and field knives made. Designed and made by an elite group of former service men, these knives are for serious users who require a heavy duty, no nonsense field knife.
Strider knives are made from one solid piece of metal, S30V steel, Titanium, Paracord, G10 to be precise, with a full bevel grind on the edge and the hardness for S30V is 59.5/60RC.
- Left hand battle knife for use in most second life combat systems
- Choice of black or olive drab
- CCS enhanced damage
- Voice commands, gestures
- Custom sounds and animations
- Optional sheath and tac belt with working comm (two sizes) included
- Free updates for life
Quick start instructions
- Rezz the box, open it and copy the contents to inventory.
- Find the folder called '[Delta] Strider Knife (BL) v2.0' or '[Delta] Strider Knife (OD) v2.0'
- Wear the object called 'Strider Knife (OD)' or 'Strider Knife (BL)' - attaches to left hand
- Activate the gestures in the folder.
- [optional] Wear the tac belt or sheath
- What's in the box
- Using the knife
- Advanced features
- Voice commands
- Damage and statistics
- Hints and tips
1. What's in the box
In the folder you have unpacked you will find
- the Strider knife
- the sheath
- large and small versions of the tac belt
- three gestures to simplify operation of the weapon
- a pose stand to help you fit the knife
The weapons gestures and voice commands are pre-set to Channel 5. Should you change this, the gestures will need to be modified to reflect the new channel. All voice commands referred to in this manual assume the default channel of 5
If you wear the tac belt, you can use the embedded DX-7 comm. Information about the DX-7 is available here.
2. Using the knife
In these instructions it is assumed that you have the command channel set to 5.
To draw the weapon you may either:
- left click on the sheath or belt
- type /5unsheath in chat
- or press the F10 key to engage the gesture
To use the knife, hold down the left mouse button and use the cursor keys to strike forward, left, right and backward.
To sheath the weapon:
- type /5sheath in the main chat
- or press the F11 key to start the gesture.
The knife can do CCS enhanced damage (an extra 10 damage and 1% damage per stroke), but at a cost of a racial point. To charge the knife with enhanced damage
- type /5charge in the main chat
- or press the F12 key to start the gesture.
3. Advanced features
To sway or not to sway
There are two standing poses available, one static and one that sways. The default behaviour is to use the swaying pose when the mouse button is depressed and the static when it isn't. However, for compatibility with release 1.0 you can select either of the poses for exclusive use.
To select a pose use the swayon and swayoff commands. To return to the default behaviour use the swayactive command.
Changing weapon listen channel
You can change the channel on which voice commands are issued. To do this use the voice command /5channel N where N is the new channel
Any gestures you use, will need to be modified to reflect the new channel. If you forget the channel you set, the stat command (which tells you the channel) will be unusable, but you can touch the knife to get the same information.
This utility allows you to check the current settings of your weapon.
Information displayed includes:
- Knife name and version
- Voice channel
- Online help URL
To check your status
- Click the knife
- Enter the voice command /5stat
4. Voice commands
By default voice commands are given on channel 5. You can change this using the /5channel command. If you forget which channel you selected touch the unsheathed knife and it will tell you. If you change the channel you will need to edit the supplied gestures.
All commands are case insensitive.
|unsheath||Draws the weapon|
|sheath||Slings the weapon|
|swayactive||Use swaying hold when mouse is down|
|swayon||Uses the swaying hold|
|swayoff||Uses the static hold|
|charge||Apply CCS enhancement|
|channel||Sets the channel for voice commands (default 5)|
|help||Gets the quick reference card|
|guide||Opens this page|
5. Damage and statistics
The blade will work in any combat systems (such as DCS, CCS or Osiris) where the meter detects melee keystrokes as the basis for damage.
- Cost: 1 racial points
- Damage added: 10+1% LIFE
- Duration: 30s
- Cooldown: 30s
Please read the following before reporting a problem.
- Nothing happens when I hold the mouse button down. Check that you are not holding it down over a scripted object, or it won't work.
- My knife doesn't respond to commands! Did you change the voice channel? Click the knife to see what the channel is now.