Brought to you by the Delta Project in collaboration with Double A Arms
The Winchester 1873 Carbine .45 LC Model was produced by the Winchester arms company located in America. The rifle is a manually operated lever action rifle, improved from previous designs, and fed from a magazine that runs parallel to the underside of the barrel. Because bullets are stacked in front of one another, higher powered rounds cannot be used. This particular model uses the .45 Long Colt round, commonly available for handguns, making ammunition easy to find. The rifle is a bit slow to reload and unload, as it must be fed through a hinged door on the right side of the rifle. Firing the rifle is fast however due to the swinging action of the lever, allowing rounds to be aimed and fired with little recoil. The rifle is sturdy and shorter than a typical bolt action, making it a good choice for those needing a gun they can carry with ease.
- Fast firing rifle, medium range, low recoil
- Accurate model of historic weapon
- Optional back sling
- Choice of four ammo bullets (CCS, Roleplay, Linden damage, Cripple creek)
- Roleplay ammo works with DCS, Osiris, BNWCS
- Voice commands on selectable channel, gestures for draw, holster and reload
- High detail, low lag, optimised scripting for best possible performance under all conditions
- Free updates for life
Quick start instructions
- Rezz the box, open it and copy the contents to inventory.
- Find the folder called '[Delta] Winchester 1873 v2.43'
- Wear the object called 'Winchester 1873' (it attaches to the right hand), the object called 'Winchester 1873 (slung)' (it attaches to the spine)
- Activate the gestures in the folder.
- What's in the box
- Using the gun
- Advanced features
- Voice commands
- Damage and statistics
- Hints and tips
1. What's in the box
In the folder you have unpacked you will find
- the Winchester 1873
- the slung Winchester 1873
- a set of gestures to simplify operation of the weapons
- your Delta service terminal
- a pose stand to help you fit the gun
The weapons gestures and voice commands are pre-set to Channel 5. Should you change this, the gestures will need to be modified to reflect the new channel. All voice commands referred to in this manual assume the default channel of 5
2. Using the gun
In these instructions it is assumed that you have the command channel set to 5.
To draw the weapon you may either:
- left click on the holstered weapon
- type /5draw in chat
- or press the Shift F11 key to engage the gesture
To fire the weapon, draw it, enter Mouselook by clicking on the mouselook button or pressing the M key while the main chat is disabled, and click the left mouse button. To exit Mouselook, press your Esc key or press the M key again.
To sling the weapon,
- type /5sling in the main chat
- or press the Shift F10 key to start the gesture.
The gun's capacity is 9 bullets. You can reload as follows:
- type /5reload in the main chat
- press the Shift F9 key to start the gesture
There are four bullets available:
|ccsb||CCS enhanced damage||For use in CCS sims|
|rpb||Kinetic damage||For use in roleplay sims where collision with a fast physical object causes damage (DCS for example). Kinetic ammo does 5 damage under CCS.|
|ldb||Linden damage||For use damage enabled land (where you see a heart at the top of the screen)|
|crcb||Cripple creek||For use in sims that use the Cripple Creek combat system.|
To activate a bullet simply use the name as a voice command.
4. Advanced features
Changing weapon listen channel
You can change the channel on which voice commands are issued. Use the voice command /5channel N where N is the new channel
Touching the gun allows you to check the current settings of your weapon.
Information displayed includes:
- Gun name and version
- Active ammo
- Remaining bullets
- Voice channel
- Online help URL
5. Voice commands
By default voice commands are given on channel 5. You can change this using the /5channel command. If you forget which channel you selected touch the drawn gun and it will tell you. If you change the channel you will need to edit the supplied gestures.
All commands are case insensitive.
|draw||Draws the weapon|
|holster||Holsters the weapon|
|ccsb||Sets ammofor CCS sims|
|ldb||Sets ammo for Linden Damage|
|rpb||Sets roleplay kinetic ammo for DCS and other roleplay sims|
|crcb||Sets Cripple Creek ammo|
|channel||Sets the channel for voice commands (default 5)|
|autoreload on/off||Turn autoreload on or off|
|help||Gets quick reference card|
|guide||Opens this page|
6. Damage and statistics
- Bullet capacity: 9
- Time between shots: 0.5 seconds
- Time to reload an empty weapon: 4.5 seconds
- Bullet speed: 75 m/s
- Effective range of weapon: 100m
- Bullet base damage + 25 LIFE + 50 MELE
- RP system dependent
- Bullet 100 damage
- Cripple creek bullet damage
- All bullets are scripted in lsl rather than mono because of the overhead currently associated with rezzing objects with mono scripts.
Please read the following before reporting a problem.
- I opened the package and copied to inventory and all I have is a script. The thing you buy is not a package, it's a certificate. Just rezz it and our delivery server will give you the product box. The delivery server uses http-in and is much more reliable than most vendors but if the sim it is in is offline you will have to try again later. If you feel standing near it might help, it's the large drinks vendor in Delt Corp HQ.
- My gun doesn't respond to commands! Did you change the voice channel? Click the gun to see what it is.
- My gun is stuck! Rezz a new gun from the product box. If you have lost the box you can get a new one by rezzing the certificate. If you have lost that too you can get one from a redelivery terminal.
- My gun isn't doing enhanced damage but I'm in a CCS sim Occasionally the CCS API server is offline. Make sure you are a member of the CCS Support group and check group notices.
- I tested my gun on Aragorn and it still does no CCS damage. CCS enhanced damage doesn't work on objects, only on avatars.
- I got a message starting INTERNAL ERROR Not your fault! Those should never happen. Contact support and give as many details as possible.